January 24, 2017
My secret santa got me a crockpot for Christmas and since we had prime rib leftovers from New Year’s Day; It was only right that Lupo and I cooked some Pho with it (or at least attempted to). I must say, it did come out pretty darn tasty and it was just perfect for a cold and rainy day.
For your soup:
1 Large Beef Rib
Half Lb Cooked Prime Rib
Half Lb Raw Thinly Sliced Beef
Pho Rice Noodles
1 can Beef Broth
For your garnish:
- To begin making your broth, roast the beef rib, half an onion, the ginger, star anise, and cumin seeds in a pre-heated 425 degree oven for half an hour.
- Place the roasted items and the cooked prime rib in the crockpot with can of beef broth and one cup of water.
- Adjust your crockpot settings, depending on how fast you want it. (We left ours on low for about 9 hours during the workday so it was ready just in time for dinner).
- Strain broth into pot, taking out the cooked pieces of meat to serve later.
- Cook the rice noodles according to directions.
- Begin plating by placing the noodles with the pieces of cooked beef, raw beef and thinly sliced raw onion into a bowl.
- Pour the hot broth into the bowl. (You should begin to see your raw meat cooking).
- Garnish with Thai basil, bean sprouts, chili oil, jalapeños and lemon.
What are some of your favorite recipes to make in a crock pot? Let me know in the comments below!