Trout in Shallot Butter Sauce Ft. Home Chef

Lupo and I love to make dinner but sometimes shopping for the right amount of ingredients can be difficult. So finding a meal delivery service that allows us to save time was the exactly what we needed! We decided to try Home Chef because their weekly deliveries of fresh, perfectly-portioned ingredients have everything we needed to prepare home-cooked meals of our choice in about 30 minutes. The best part was saving 30$ off our first order! The total only came out to $30 for 3 meals for 2 people which is equivalent to $5 meals/person. What a steal!! You have the choice of ordering meals for 2 or 4. Cool right?

I’m a huge fan of cooking fish. Because it’s healthy and delicious! So we decided to start off our trial with a Steelhead Trout in Shallot-Butter Sauce and to this day, it’s probably one of my faves off their menu. Scroll down to the bottom to check out the full recipe and save 30$ off your first order too!

The box brings all your ingredients packaged separately. It should include:
1 Shallot
2 Parsley Sprigs
3 oz. Capers
8 0z. Green Beans
2 Roma Tomatoes
2 Steelhead Trout Fillets
2 fl. oz. White Cooking Wine
5 fl. oz. Evaporated Whole Milk
1.2 oz. Butter

In your kitchen you should already have:
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper
Cooking Spray
Baking Sheet
Medium Non-Stick Pan

So first preheat your oven to 400 degrees,
then you’ll want to prepare the ingredients:
Start off by peeling and mincing shallots.
Stem and mince parsley.
Drain and rinse capers.
Trim ends off green beans.
Halve Roma tomatoes lengthwise.
Rinse steelhead trout, pat dry and season both sides with salt and pepper.

Roast green beans and tomatoes:
Arrange green beans and tomatoes on separate halves of prepared baking sheets, drizzle tomatoes and green beans with olive oil, salt and pepper. Now you are ready to roast! Roast until green beans are slightly charred and tomatoes are lightly tendered (12-15 minutes).

Cook the Trout:
Heat 2 tsp. olive oil in your medium pan over medium-high heat. Add trout flesh side down so skin is up to hot pan and cook until lightly browned (4-5 mins). Flip and cook on skin side until trout reaches an internal temperature of 145. Remove trout from pan and proceed to making our sauce.

Make Sauce:
Using the same pan, on medium heat, add 1 tsp olive oil and shallots. Cook 30 seconds. Add capers and white wine, (stop and smell the deliciousness), bring to a simmer and cook 1-2 minutes. Add evaporated milk and return to a simmer. Cook, stirring constantly until thick enough to coat the back of the spoon. Remove pan from stove and add butter. Season to taste with a pinch of salt and pepper.

Serve and enjoy!

If you want to get these ingredients and more recipes to your door, sign up HERE  to get $30 your first order!

xx,
Itzy

17 comments so far.

17 responses to “Trout in Shallot Butter Sauce Ft. Home Chef”

1. Omg looks so yummy! I definitely need to start following your recipes!!

2. Tessa says:

This looks so so yummy! What a great idea!

3. This made me feel hungry! Yummers! ❤️

4. Jazmin Munoz says:

Wow! this is so cool, def gonna be using this place when Greg & i have our house 😂

5. Sydney says:

This looks SO delicious! Seriously need to try this! Thanks for sharing babe <3

6. Morgan Klein says:

This is making my mouth water! Looks so delicious and healthy!!!

7. Danielle says:

Though I don’t eat seafood, this is a dish my husband would die for! Can’t believe how easy it was to throw together!

xx, Danielle | Pineapple & Prosecco

8. Jenele says:

I do love rainbow trout! So delicious!
    xx Jenelle

9. I love cooking fish as it’s so easy, yet so healthy and tasty so thank you so much for this delicious recipe sweetie! 😀
    xoxo
    Thomas

10. Deal Man says:

omg its very yummy& its look delicious food.

11. Stephanie says:

Okay this TOTALLY sounds like something my boyfriend and I need to do. We’re always trying to put together last minute recipes, but if they were sent to us, it would be a breeze! And this sounds delicious!!

Stephanie // SheSawStyle.com

12. Laurelle says:

Oh that looks delicious!! Yum!! And It didn’t look to hard! How nice to have those things delivered to you for such a good price!
    -Laurelle

13. Lauren says:

Ooo that loooks so yummy!! Great job, I’ll have to check this out!

14. This looks delicious!!! Makes me so hungry!

15. Linh dao says:

Wow looking at this makes me so hungry! Thank you for sharing this! I seriously want this for dinner now.

Linh

16. Bryanna says:

This is such a genius idea! I can’t cook worth crap and this looks so easy; not to mention delicious.

xoxo Bryanna | Coming in Clutch

17. Batsheva says:

Who ever came up with this idea is simply a genius. I am currently, as we speak, eating a half container of Quinoa from about two weeks ago, with some soy sauce and snap peas thrown in because thats what I found in my fridge. Simply, because I really don’t want to go to the store and spend about $50 on ingredients for something that will take me too long to prepare. So Yah, genius. Also, I love the closeup photo of cutting the onion.